Before you know whether you are overweight or not, it is essential to know your desirable body weight. The body weight chart developed by the Life insurance Corporation of India provides the desirable body weight for Men and women. Find the chart image below this paragraph. The chart is mainly developed by the studies done on Indians.
Desirable Body Weight After 25
All health-conscious people must have a good weighing in their home. Weigh yourself with light clothes (no coat or sweaters). Remember that your weight fluctuates during the day. The weight is usually more in the evening.
The best time to weigh yourself is in the morning, right after you wake up. In any case, to find out if you are gaining or losing weight, it is essential that you weigh yourself under similar conditions on all occasions.
If you don’t have a weighing machine, don’t worry. We have linked some of the best weighing machines for you.
For Outside India
Is It Hereditary?
Questions have been raised for many years regarding the role of heredity in causing obesity. Although many people continue to believe that genes play an important role in obesity. A recent study failed to find any real evidence for genetics to take the blame.
In other words pf Dr. David Levitsky, professor of nutrition at Cornell University Medical School: ‘You can tell your genes to get lost.
You can successfully lose excessive body weight by reducing the total calories and fat in your diet. If fatty food, particularly, is reduced substantially, your body metabolism functions better and you can successfully lose weight.’
Twenty Ways To Lose Body Weight
If you are overweight, losing weight is necessary to reduce your chances of heart disease. Many people can successfully manage to lose weight and yet, within a few weeks, they tend to regain the same weight.
To maintain a desirable body weight, you need to radically change your eating habits. A fast weight loss is often the result of excessive loss of body water and protein. The protein and water loss is not good since it will be replaced as quickly as you lose it.
The following steps can help you to achieve a pleasing and uniform weight loss.
First Ten Weight Loss Tips To Get Desirable Body Weight
- Cut down the total calories in your daily diet. Unless you reduce your calories, you cannot expect to come close to your desired body weight.
- Start exercising. Exercise will help you burn the extra calories and fat that has already been stored in your body.
- While you are reducing your calorie intake, ensure that you do take foods that are high in vitamins and minerals.
- Reduce the intake of fat cholesterol as much as possible. Stay away from fried foods.
- Most fat diets and diet pills do not serve adequately. Stay away from these gimmicks.
- Maintain a record of what you eat. If you have failed to lose weight on last week’s menu, make other necessary changes. Recording keeping will help you to monitor your progress.
- Stay away from snacks including chocolates and nuts. You can eat a piece of dark chocolate. dark chocolate should contain at least 90% cocoa. The reason you should not eat nuts is that they contain a lot of calories. Eat wisely.
- spend less time in the kitchen. The more you spend your time in the kitchen, the more you are likely to eat.
- Always go for smaller portions of food. Change your mental attitude towards food. Before you start eating, say to yourself, ‘I am only going to have a small portion. Even if the food is very tasty, I am determined to not overeat.’
- Develop the habit of drinking a glass of water before your meals. The water will make you feel full in your stomach and, therefore, you are likely to eat less. Drink water 30 minutes before a meal.
Next Ten Weight Loss Tips To Get Desirable Body Weight
- Avoid being a big eater at parties. Let no one put pressure on you to overeat. Excessive persuasion to eat more is considered to be a sign of hospitality, especially in India.
- DO not always try to finish everything on your plate. The extra calories once deposited in your body as fat, are not easy to get rid of.
- Avoid food that contains too much sugar. One teaspoon of sugar has 16 calories. Some people take 10-20 teaspoonfuls of sugar in various drinks without realizing the excessive calories they are taking.
- Increase the number of cereals, fruits, and vegetables in your daily diet. Pick the cereals, muesli, oats that contain less sugar or no sugar.
- Remind yourself that you have been thinner in the past. Put out some paragraphs of thinner ‘YOU’ and say to yourself. ‘I have been like that, I know that I can look like that again with my efforts.’
- Do not start believing in myths about being overweight. A common myth especially in India is that you put on weight once you are married.
- You do not have to accept being overweight with increasing age. Most people put on extra weight their age because they are not exercising enough.
- Remember that a man is recognized by the company he keeps. Avoid the company of people whose only pleasure in life is to keep eating. Keep at least two to three good friends who share your views against being overweight.
- Monitor your progress and rewards yourself for success in losing weight.
- When you do lose weight, change your clothes to a smaller size. Do not keep two sets of clothes just in case you regain your weight. Why give yourself a chance to put on that extra weight!
Some Tips For You About Proper Exercising
Make Exercising a Habit
Regular exercise is beneficial for your heart and your total health. There is no doubt that those who lead a physically active lifestyle are less likely to get heart disease as compared to those who have a lazy lifestyle.
Many of those who have never been seriously interested in regular exercise may find it difficult to suddenly get into a routine of regular exercise. My usual suggestion to those who postpone exercising is to fix a definite date within the next two weeks and just start exercising!
Know The Types of Exercise
There are two main types of exercise:
- Isotonic or Aerobic exercise
- Isometric or Non-aerobic exercise
Isotonic or Aerobic exercise
Isotonic or Aerobic exercises are meant to increase the body’s oxygen intake. They involve movement and the use of large muscle groups. Examples are walking, swimming, jogging, and running.
Aerobic exercises raise your metabolic rate for several hours, so you continue to burn extra calories after you have stopped exercising. Those exercises are particularly recommended for cardiovascular benefits. Bicycling, skating, and dancing are other forms of exercise.
Weight loss, better muscle tone, and stamina are some of the main advantages of aerobic exercise.
Isometric or Non-aerobic Exercises
Isometric or Non-aerobic exercises are mainly used for bodybuilding purposes. Muscle tensing is the underlying mechanism in Isometric exercises. Good examples are press-ups or weightlifting.
Isometric exercises result in the constriction of blood vessels, and this causes an increase in blood pressure. This type of exercise is not usually advised for people with high blood pressure or heart disease.
In terms of caloric loss of weight reduction, it may worthwhile to know that in order to burn 100 calories, you could do one of the following exercises:
Ten Ways To Burn 100 Calories
- Walk five kilometers per hour for 25-30 minutes.
- Do brisk-walking for 20 minutes.
- Walk six kilometers per hour for 23 minutes.
- Walk 6.5 kilometers per hour for 17 minutes.
- Run 1.5 kilometers for 10 minutes.
- Go cycling at moderate speed for four kilometers.
- Climb stairs at a moderate pace for 10 minutes.
- Walk on a treadmill at 7 kilometers per hour, for ten minutes.
- Swim one kilometer per hour for 20-25 minutes.
- Play badminton (singles) for 20 minutes.
Takeaway To Get Desirable Body Weight
Now, let us summarise the important points you need to take. The very first and important thing you should take from this article is no matter what your goal is calorie intake matters. If you want to gain weight simply eat more calories than your maintenance calories. If your goal is to lose weight simply eat fewer calories than your maintenance calories. To know how to get maintenance calories Click Here. To know the secret formula for muscle building Click Here.
The second thing you should take from this article is that first know your body weight according to your height. Then decide what you have to do.
Third and very important If You Want To Lose Weight Then Say Get Lost To Hereditary. If you are willing to do everything it takes to lose weight then only you will lose weight.
The fourth and last thing is to know what exercises need to be done in order to achieve your Desirable Body Weight. Or Desired Body.
Get Help From Professional
IF you are struggling with depression, anxiety, anger, weight loss, health anxiety, BPD, or something else, consider taking help from professionals. OnlineTherapy is the world’s best platform you get, and we have given a link to their website. You can get started for FREE. Give it a try.
Well, that’s it for this article. Hope you have liked it. If yes then do share it with your friends and family. Thank You.