1. HOW TO TAKE DIET BREAKS CORRECTLY?
Diet break is a plan and purposeful break from dieting, this can be anything from a few days to several weeks. When done right there are many benefits of it but, when done wrong they can be harder in a calorie deficit and weight loss progress or problem.
BENEFITS OF TAKING CORRECT DIET BREAKS
There are Physiological and Psychological benefits when done right.
PHYSIOLOGICAL BENEFITS – The foremost important of physiological benefits during a diet break is in the form of Hormones. For most people dieting and calorie deficit translates to more stress and higher cortisol level in blood.
But when you take a diet break right cortisol level and overall stress level will go back to the normal level. This also means less hungry more energy level and fewer cravings.
PSYCHOLOGICAL BENEFITS – Dieting breaks will allow you to take one step at a time. Taking a planned break from your diet will take up much of the stress and give you something to look forward to. This also helps to maintain your motivation and help you through your long term goals.
NOW, YOU MUST BE THINKING WHAT DOES A CORRECT DIET BREAK LOOK LIKE!
There are four easy steps for a correct diet break.
1.Raise your calorie to your maintenance level
2. Eat your meals at your normal time
3. Don’t worry about your macros
4.Optional: Reduce cardio and workout weights during diet break ( don’t do this longer than one week)
*NOTE: 1. Don’t go every day on pizza, burger, or junk food.
2. Keep your diet break mostly through healthy foods.
3. Make sure to stay at your maintenance level or else you will gain weight.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU TAKE DIET BREAK
This depends on body fat percentage
- Below 10% : Every 4 to 6 weeks
- Between 10 -15 % : Every 6 to 8 weeks
- Between 15-25% : Every 10 to 12 weeks
- Above 25% : Less frequent
WOMEN SHOULD ADD 5 TO 7% TO THESE FIGURES.
2.BREAKING THROUGH WEIGHT/FAT LOSS PLATEAUS(A STATE WHERE THERE IS NO CHANGE OR LITTLE DEVELOPMENT )
WHAT IS WEIGHT/FAT LOSS PLATEAUS? AND HOW YOU CAN KNOW YOU HAVE WEIGHT/FAT LOSS PLATEAUS?
During the first weeks, fat falls off your body but then all of a sudden scale doesn’t move anymore and you start to wonder what changed? Did your diet stop working or there is a problem with you? This is known as weight/fat loss plateaus.
Changes in weight don’t always mean changs in body fat but also muscle mass, glycogen level, and the food you kept in your stomach.
*Nothing weights up or down as fast as water retention.
WHAT IS WATER RETENTION?
In simple words, when you do your workout and you are not getting your body fat reduced mainly in the area of belly and thigh this is known as water retention.
HOW WATER RETENTION HAPPENS IN YOUR BODY?
When you do your diet and workout properly but you are not drinking enough water your kidney starts to hold water and it distributes them in your body (mainly in your belly and thigh area).
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET RID OF WATER RETENTION?
- Eat less sodium(salt)
- Drink more water
- Increase the amount of Vitamin B6 or take a supplement
- Increase the amount of Magnesium or take a supplement
- Eat more Protein
COMMON REASONS FOR WEIGHT/FAT LOSS PLATEAUS
- The more fat you lose the harder it will get. The leaner you become the longer you take to lose fat in a healthy way and without sacrificing muscle loss. For example- If your body fat percentage is 25-30% you can easily lose 2-3 pounds of body fat per week at your first. But if your body fat percentage is 10%or less than 10% for men and 15 -20% for women things can get a lot more complicated.
- Not taking diet breaks when needed
- Hidden calories – People consume more calories than they consume. For example, Small snacks, not tracking butter, oil, ketchup is the most common mistake people do. Also, check your alcohol consumption because it adds 100-300 calories per day. This can ruin your diet.
If you found helpful, please comment down below. Thank you for reading. If you wish to read more on weight loss just click here – https://getfitwithaman.com/category/weight-loss/